The world would be a much better place if we all had the patience and forgiveness of most dogs. It’s positively amazing the crap they can endure and come through with their irrepressible, tail-wagging cheerfulness.
Babies and kids are a true test of most living things, and our four-legged friends seem to pass the test with flying colors. Let’s look at 14 examples of their furry patience and wet-nosed tolerance of the shit they have put up with from our human pups.
1) Tolerating “The Doctor”
(His face at the end haha!)
2) Tolerating Attempted Toy Theft
3) Tolerating Successful Toy Theft
4) Tolerating Having to Give Toys Back
5) Tolerating Being the Fall Guy
6) Tolerating Poor Playing Mobility
7) Tolerating Overly-Agressive Hugs
8) Tolerating Being Used as a Paintbrush
9) Tolerating Hostile Food Takeovers
10) Tolerating Delays on a Walk
11) Tolerating Nap Interruptions
12) Tolerating Co-napping
13) Tolerating Being Used as a Soft Bed for Naps
13) Tolerating Kids Being Bad Beds for Naps
Yep. We could all learn a thing or two from dogs. Keeping our chin up and just letting things roll off our backs, making sure the tennis ball was actually thrown, not trying to walk through a door with a long stick in our mouth sideways, resisting the temptation to hork down our own turds, again… um…
Whatever! Maybe it’s really just the first thing or two we could learn, you get the idea.